eXMiLL, a Structured Document Template
Designer and Content Editor provides capabilities to design and edit structured
documents. The Designer creates a generic template of a document. The editor
provides capabilities to create specific content based on a document template.
Contents can be saved as an XML document with embedded DTD or in a proprietary record
format. The editor can also be used to generate an XML DTD/Schema for the document
The Template Designer lets you create and define a template
for a document. This template forms the basis for creating and editing content
according to the criteria defined for each field in the template. The template
consists of fixed background that is invariant and, fields and complex data types that
define the content of a document. Background is made up of text and graphics.
In a template background is optional and need not be created, using only fields and
complex data types to define structure of a document. The designer lets you create
complex types by grouping fields as compound objects. Complex types can be
classified as sequence, choice, aggregate or any, and repetitive types. Attributes
such as name. data type, constraints, formatting, help, computational formulas etc. are
specified for a field.
The Content Editor uses a predefined template to create
structured content according to the template definition. The content can then be
stored either in a proprietary record format or as XML. The editor can also be used
to create an XML DTD or Schema for the document.
The primary use is for designing and creating content for
Electronic Forms. As the definition is for a structured document and similar to XML,
it can also be used to create an XML DTD or Schema or save the contents as XML.
Insoft Forms Filler, a demo version of the
software with pre-defined multi-page templates of various forms.
Active eForms, an Iomega®
version of Insoft Forms Filler. Active eForms lets you take all your forms
where ever you go and are available for filling and printing on any Iomega
Us, for more information on Insoft Forms Filler, Insoft Forms
Designer (demo version available on request) and Active eForms.
Key Benefits & Features
- Easy to use WYSIWYG Designer and Editor.
- Forms are always available on demand.
- Reduced cost associated with distribution and inventory of
- Reduced cost due to waste and obsolescence.
- Content saved as XML can be processed by backend systems and
- Ability to create XML DTD/Schema
- Save content in a proprietary format that can be extracted
and converted to XML.
- Save content as XML with or without an embedded DTD.
- Print an exact replica of a paper form.
- Validate content according to pre-defined constraints.
- Compute fields according to pre-defined formulas.
- Create complex data types from other fields and complex data
- Save portions of a form as sub-templates that can be
imported to create new forms.
- Create and Define Multi-page documents.
- Features to position, align and resize all elements on a
- Editing capabilities to cut, paste and delete elements on a
- Define tab order for all fields on a page.
- Rulers and Grids for alignment.
- Standard and custom page sizes.
Version 3.6.1068 of PDO
Standard and Lite released, 1/9/06
Version 3.4.992 of PDO
Standard released, 8/23/05.
academic and non-profit institution discounts contact
Version 3.00 of PDO
Standard released, 10/28/04.
Version 2.55 of PDO
Standard released, 5/6/04.
Version 2.5 of PDO
Standard released, 3/15/04.
Version 2.1 of PDO standard
Active Disk PDO released,
Active Disk PDOview
version of Iomega Active Disk released, 4/8/03
Version 1.32 of Personal
Document Organizer released. New features include compression and auto
creation of folders to map explorer heirarchy, 3/16/03.
Insoft releases Personal
Document Organizer version 1.2, with drag and drop support.
Insoft introduces PDO, an easy to use software, to organize, manage and locate documents,
electronic files, digital photographs, email messages, reminders, to-do, notes,
links to web resources, and other important information.
The software is available free for thirty day trial. After the trial period the software can still be used to manage notes, reminders,
paper documents, miscellaneous items etc.